Tribe Captain – Loves a road trip to the beach, a good book & a Central Otago Pinot. Always here to help you get Off the Beaten Track.
Summer is so close we can nearly touch it, and we’re getting closer to getting back outdoors and exploring our beautiful country.
Although we’re not quite there, we thought we would ask our OTBT Captain Jess to tell us about her ideal kiwi summer getaway and her pick for an OTBT holiday.
We hope you find a bit of inspiration as Jess shares her thoughts below.
- What is your favourite OTBT holiday destination in NZ?
I grew up living at the beach so I love getting away from it all. My favourite holiday destinations would be the Bay of Plenty, Coromandel, or Wanaka.
- What is your ideal accommodation stay?
I love trying new locations. Because my work-life balance is pretty terrible, somewhere with no phone coverage is a good thing!
- What do you look for when choosing your accommodation?
Relaxation is important and getting away from city life. Love the idea of camping/glamping and getting back to basics.
- What is a local activity you would consider partaking in?
Love doing local activities…horse trekking, bush walks, and can’t resist a brewery!
- What is your favourite thing about the OTBT location and why you would recommend it to others?
Ever since I’ve started at OTBT I’ve wanted to stay at Waterfall Mountain. Sonya who owns the property is an absolute gem and I get to speak to her regularly. This place is just delightful and I know it would give me the chance to totally relax